Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Front Butterfly Garden

Everything in front is growing like mad.  I've had to cut back the artesmisia twice already so that it doesn't crowd the rest of the plants.  I also planted a couple of different types of thyme in that narrow area between the sidewalk and the stones.  That area always gets full of pecan shells, twigs, leaves, and mulch so I thought I'd try to prevent that.  I'm hoping that it will hang over onto my sidewalk...



I was so pleased to remember to get supports around the Russian Sage and butterfly bush early this year!
The little orange flowers are the seeds neighbor Judy gave me last year on a dog walk - remember?  There are a slew of seedlings behind it, about 4" tall.  Excellent....

These are the added caterpillar food plants I planted this year.  Left to right are fennel (mostly over shadowed by a volunteer pumpkin plant... rotted jack o'lantern...) parsley and dill.  I need to give the dill a support and it would be 2 feet tall.  The fennel and parsely are each about 12' across.  No caterpillars lately...

My faithful garden companion.  Despite her huge feet, she rarely tramples my plants...

No comments: