Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eden Prairie, Dallas

I finished painting the living room nearly two weeks ago, but neglected to post photos...


Doggie figured out photos were being taken and immediately posed...


And then I've ordered this rug, but darn it all, it's on back order!  The color is called coffee, and it's an 8' round, jute rug.  Chemical free! Isn't it gorgeous?

I struggled with the idea of a rug... I knew the room needed one, but I can hardly stand knowing how rugs harbor dirt and dust.  I've had a 3' x 5' rug in there, and although I could easily take it outside and shake it, it just wasn't large enough to anchor the room.  Honestly, I looked at indoor/outdoor rugs that I could hose off without damaging them, but the ones I found all seemed too plastic-y.  Ick.  Ultimately I settled on jute.  I've had jute before and have been very pleased with it.  So, we'll see how I do with this one.  I think it will look great under my circular sectional, and the color should pull from the adjacent dining room.

No comments: