Monday, June 21, 2010

A Cozy Corner

Even though my living room is small, I really wanted a window seat next to my fireplace. To test that theory, I put a little upholstered bench there for a week or two -- loved it. I can put my feet up on the window frame, and lean up against the wall. When Vic was over, we did some measuring, and Monday morning he showed up at my door with this!



(The little white square on it is a cardboard coaster. A photo oops.)

It needs a cushion... and I think I am going to have to make one, because I looked at Pier 1 and Cost Plus World Market and so far, nada that I like. I haven't looked online yet -- but gosh, cushions are so needlessly expensive. I do need one though; I've been sitting on it without one, and I don't last long. And a pillow just sliiiiides.

The lid lifts up for storage. Finally -- a place to store all those rag rugs that my parents have made for me! And the Scrabble board, if it fits in there.

No comments: