Sunday, June 20, 2010

365 Days Later

Today is exactly one year since the moving truck backed up to my little square of paradise. My friend Cole flew in to help, and we unpacked boxes and laughed, and tried to take it all in. She was the very first entry in my house Guest Book.

Now, one year later, my friend Shannon is here -- and there have been a handful of weekend guests in between; more laughing, more "making memories" as Red says, and giving me decorating consults.

I've met a lot of my neighbors, and now count them among my friends. We hang out in each other's yards, take regular "home tours" of each other's houses, and provide advice and counsel. It's awesome. I just couldn't have landed on a better street that would be more suited to me and my quirks.

I'm just so grateful to be here. I'm a very lucky girl.

No comments: