Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time Gets Away

I took this photo of my fireplace and partially decorated mantle Sunday evening with intentions of posting it yesterday along with a photo of my decorated tree. 


I guess you've noticed there's no tree photo?  Yes, well.  That's because my tree still only has lights on it, although this morning I did unearth the red velvet tree skirt.  Wow!  Visually that made a big difference!  I have all of the tubs of Christmas decor in my livingroom.  Some of them are even open.  And I did get the stockings hung by the chimney with care (with care mostly because I don't want them to catch on fire, family heirlooms and all.) 

I had high hopes for last night.  Wrap presents, decorate the tree, put the tubs back in the attic, oh, and sew two pair of elf shoes.  Because you know, that will only take me a minute.  Alas, I did get one pair of elf shoes nearly complete.  They are quite charming, if I do say so... they aren't done, so I cannot post a photo -- but they are on my must-do list for tonight, so TOMORROW.  Tomorrow -- a photos.

Of course also on the list for tonight is grocery shopping for ingredients for the famous "big salad" to take to a girls' dinner Thursday night.  I'm wishing that I could score some extra hours in my days this week.  Of course, what did I do Sunday night in front of that toasty fire?  Put my feet up with Red.  But that's one of the most important things I've done this week.

No comments: