Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Anniversary to Me!

Today is my 2 year anniversary of moving into my little house! It seems like I just got here, and at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago. I think that is a good sign... don't you?

I have really happy memories -- and/but it was such an emotionally charged time. I remember I closed on my house the Friday before we picked our jury for trial -- note to self:  Do not ever buy a house and get ready for trial at the same time...

And so although the house was mine, I had to wait a few weeks before I could even set foot in it; I simply didn't have an hour to spare to go do a quick walk through and hug the walls. While I was in trial, Red checked on things for me and managed the new roof installation for me so that I could get home owner's insurance. Thanks Red!

And then -- the jury came back in our favor -- and in the post-trial haze the movers came and loaded the truck -- Vic did some remodeling, Red and I did a few trips of random items with his truck, and I went to pick up Cole at the airport.

We three unpacked boxes, sipped champagne and laughed. A LOT. I still laugh when I think about that weekend.  Unpacking was especially entertaining because I hadn't packed things myself; I had hired a guy from the Wholefoods coffee bar to pack for me.  I had no time but had extra cash.  He had extra time and needed cash.  And then he labeled them with terms like this -- I never knew what would be in any given box:



I mean, who wouldn't laugh at that?


Taking a break to survey my new kingdom
And so, tonight I'll take a moment to sit down, and look around me, and raise a glass of bubbly to commemorate the day.  Cheers!


No comments: