Friday, May 27, 2011

A sneak preview

I got to work in the yard for several hours yesterday afternoon -- that makes me SO happy and relaxed. It's great therapy for anything that ails me. The granite isn't done, but as much as I've been talking about it, I feel like I should give you a sneak preview:



It's different colors depending on how wet it is.  Some of it that you see is from last week's installation and some is new -- so some was rained on.   (It took some crafty cropping of that photo to not reveal 2 other projects to you!  They aren't ready yet...)

Anyway, I'm really pleased with how it's turning out.  As I'd hoped, it is giving the yard a more cohesive look, and the mud is totally getting under control.  I love when missions get accomplished.

That bed right by the stairs is a new one I put in with plants from the butterfly plant sale -- more on that in a sec.

No comments: