Friday, March 18, 2011

Reaching Higher

My sunflower sprouts are moving merrily along:

I leave them out front all the time now, no longer bringing them indoors at night or on windy days.  Several of them are 3" tall and all of them have double sets of leaves.

As I have been moving the toting the tray of sprouts around, and tending to the other front perennials coming up, one of my neighbors has more than once remarked that she is more of an "instant" person, that she isn't patient enough to plant anything so tiny and wait.  I don't know... I guess I enjoy seeing the dormant beds come alive in the Spring (without hardly any effort on my part other than pushing mulch back to allow them to get sun) and there is something about the basics of covering a tiny seed with dirt and watching that I enjoy.  In many other arenas I'll be the first one to tell you that I am not a patient person; but watching plants grow is different.

No comments: