Saturday, March 26, 2011

Big Ol' Bag O' Rock

This is what 1,170 pounds of Mexican tumbled river stone looks like:





It  was delivered today.  They were able to drop it right next to the platforms -- so great -- because the idea of hauling 1,170 pounds of stone more than 4 feet was daunting.  Two of my neighbors came to help me spread it around the platforms; it took just over an hour.


The rock was pretty dusty so I hosed it down (-- yowser it was beautiful when it was wet!  Too bad there isn't a way to keep THAT look.  Or is there?)   The black rock versus the white was definitely the right choice, and the guy did an amazing job estimating how much I would need.

Today I'll touch up the sprout paint with sand paper and apply the water seal if it isn't too windy. 

I'm thinking I'm going to email a few photos to Jamie Durie to show him what he inspired me to do!

Perfect timing to have these complete, as my neighbor and I signed up for a 21 Day Yoga Challenge yesterday on Yoga Journal dot com.  One day down, 20 to go!






No comments: