Thursday, April 22, 2010

Punkin' Chunkin'



Did you know there is a cable TV show called Punkin' Chunkin'? I didn't until last night... and I must say, it was intriguing. It involved large pieces of high powered equipment, massively huge slingshots, pumpkins being hurled upwards of 2000 feet, and a LOT of testosterone. Look it up if you don't believe me.

This summer I will have my own pumpkins to chunk. Last fall I carved a tiny jack o'lantern, set it in my butterfly garden out front, and it rotted a bit faster than I expected. By the time I noticed it, there was no way I was picking it up. And I thought, "oh, it's so small, I'll just let it disintegrate right there." I did, and I forgot about it.

And then Spring came. And the first green thing that came up? You guessed it ... pumpkin plants. A LOT of pumpkin plants. In fact, you might say an entire pumpkin's seeds worth!

No comments: